- Who We Are
- Family Orientation
- Family Association
- Giving Opportunities
- Family Association FAQs
- LSU Holiday Shuttle
- Family Weekend
- Stay Connected
- Contact Us
Family Association FAQs
1. What are benefits of joining the LSU Family Association?
The LSU Family Association is dedicated to helping families with their transition into the University. We know that LSU is a big place, and we make it seem smaller and more personal by offering support, information, involvement opportunities, and problem solving to parents of LSU students. We provide opportunities for parents and families to become partners with the University in the educational experiences of their students in the spirit of LSU! Some of the other benefits of joining the LSU Family Association include the following:
- Discounts to LSU vendors including The Cook Hotel, LSU Golf Course, Swine Palace, LSU Bookstore, LSU Dining and LSU University Recreation (UREC)
- Priority registration for LSU Family Weekend
- Invitations to LSU Family Association social events
- Access to scholarships available exclusively to students of Family Association members
- Opportunities to partner with the University and help contribute to the success of current and future LSU families
- An academic wall calendar highlighting dates and important campus resources and services
- An LSU Family Association tote bag and other souvenirs
For a full description of benefits, read more here.
2. How much is the required donation to join?
There is a one-time donation of $125 to join the LSU Family Association which covers the duration of your student's undergraduate career.
3. Where does the money go?
- Family Benefits: Supports events, gifts, and benefits included in your Family Association membership such as LSU Family Weekend, Student Receptions, Membership Cards, and the Campus Link Newsletter.
- Student Benefits: Funds Scholarships given directly to Family Association students as well as sponsors programs that offer unique services and experience for your students, such as the Holiday Shuttle and First Year Experience opportunities.
- Professional Development: Provides for membership fees and attendance at conferences associated with Professional Development of the Parent & Family Programs staff.
- Operating: Supports day to day maintenance of office supplies, printing, and labor.
- Communication: Covers the cost of our email management system which provides for Monthly Email Updates, as well as day to day communication associated with mailing.
- Fundraising: Purchases to help provide for fundraising such as sell of LSU Mom and Dad t-shirts and Family Association Calendars.
4. How do I join?
Join online at any time here. Donation must be a minimum of $125 to the LSU Family Association in order to be considered a member. After joining, we will mail you a membership packet to the address provided upon joining the LSU Family Association.
Please Note: New parents should only join the Family Association if their student is currently attending classes at LSU and/or has attended a New Student Orientation Program at LSU. Please wait to join if your student is still attending high school or has not yet been through the Orientation process at LSU, even if they have been accepted through the admissions process.